Spiced Nuts Recipe
Spiced Nuts Notes
This recipe was given to us by one of our Milwaukee customers.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped orange zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb. (about 2 1/2 cups) pecan halves
- 1/2 lb. (about 1 1/2 cups) blanched almonds
Serves / Yields
Heat oven to 300 degrees. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the orange and lemon zests, cinnamon, coriander, mace, cayenne, brown sugar and salt. Combine until the mixture is bubbly and well blended. Add the nuts and stir to coat them evenly. Transfer the nut mixture to a baking sheet, spread it evenly, and bake for about 25 minutes, stirring every 5 to 7 minutes. For crispier nuts, increase the cooking time to 35-40 minutes.
Do not increase the heat or the nuts may burn.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!