Spiced Pecan Apple Salad Recipe
Spiced Pecan Apple Salad Notes
This recipe comes to us courtesy of The Junior League of Chicago. It is from their cookbook, "Celebrate Chicago! A Taste of Our Town."
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1-2/3 cups pecan pieces
- 1 large Red Delicious apple
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 head Boston lettuce, chilled, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, chilled, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Serves / Yields
Place butter on baking sheet with sides. Heat in 350 degree oven until melted. Stir in salt, cinnamon and cayenne. Sprinkle evenly with pecans, stirring with rubber spatula to coat pecans. Bake for 15 minutes or until pecans are aromatic and golden brown. Cool in baking sheet on wire rack. Cut apple into 1/4 inch pieces and sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine lettuce, apples and cheese in large bowl. Whisk vinegar and Dijon mustard in small bowl. Whisk in olive oil gradually until thickened. Drizzle over salad. Top with spiced pecans.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!