Spicy Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe
Submitted By:from San Jose.
Spicy Turkey Noodle Soup Notes
I went to the store one day and found they were having a clearence sale on baby sweet onions. From that find came about this soup. It's amazing what you can do when you have smoked turkey in the freezer and a sale on vegetables.
- 2 cups turkey stock (rendered down from turkey carcass)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces sweet onions
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (don't add any of your turkey way brined)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces smoked turkey meat
- 5 ounces thick sliced yellow carrots
- water to fill pot
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
Serves / Yields
Put it all in a 5 quart crock pot, cover with water up to within 1/2 inch of the top, and run on high for 5 hours.
Add 12oz of wide egg noodles and run for 1 more hour.
This is a VERY spicy soup. Be warned. For most people I would make it with half the black pepper and no cayenne. It will still make a good soup.
Also, the egg noodles absorb most of the water out of the pot as they reconstitute. Just add more hot water and it will make it's own broth.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!