Spicy Vegetarian Grind Recipe
Submitted By:from Chicago.
Spicy Vegetarian Grind Notes
This is a hearty vegetarian dish that is easy to whip up and is great over hot steamed rice, pasta, or noodles.
If you're vegan, skip the cream cheese and heavy cream.
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger (about 1 inch), or Ginger Paste
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Vegetable Bouillon Cube, crushed
- 1/2 cup Sriracha (Thai chili sauce)
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Gravy Thickening
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- a few dashes Liquid Smoke
- 1 box (12 oz.) Meatless Ground Burger
- 1 bag (16 oz.) Frozen Greens, chopped (turnip, collard, and/or mustard greens)
- 1/4 cup Onion & Chive flavored Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- for garnish, Chives or Scallions, chopped
Serves / Yields
Heat the peanut oil in a saucepan or wok until hot. Saute onion, ginger, and garlic until fragrant. Add the next 8 ingredients and heat until the liquid starts to boil.
Add vegetarian ground burger and greens. Bring back to a boil, turn the heat down and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Turn the heat off and stir in cream cheese and heavy cream. Let the gravy sit to absorb and thicken.
Ladle over rice, pasta, or noodles and garnish with chopped chives or scallion.
If you prefer a non-vegetarian dish, you can substitute the vegetarian ground burger for ground beef or turkey. Adjust times accordingly, to make sure meat is fully cooked.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!