Steak Pepper Mix Recipe
Steak Pepper Mix Notes
I've been told I am like an artist some times, only I paint the picture with spices. This is one of my favorites.
- 3 ounces Tellicherry peppercorns
- 1 ounce green peppercorns
- 2 ounces Lampong peppercorns
- 1 ounce Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/2 ounce Red Alaea Hawaiian sea salt
- 1 ounce Grains of Paradise
- 1 ounce dried minced garlic
- 1/2 ounce Black Lava Sea Salt
Serves / Yields
Mix it all together, and put in a good pepper grinder. Put the leftover in an air tight container. and store in a cool, dark, dry place.
I've changed this around quite a bit over time, and found this to be the best blend. I have used white pepper but did not care of the taste. Be carefull of the Sichuan pepper. It ha a very strong and pungent taste.
This pepper works well on prime rib, good steaks, and when dipping bread into olive oil.