Strawberry Surprise Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 small whole strawberries, washed and stemmed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup strawberry-vanilla sugar
Preheat oven to 350F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, extract, sugar, oil and eggs. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter. Carefully place a single whole strawberry in each muffin cup and cover with more batter, so that each muffin cup is full nearly to the top.
Bake 35-40. Let cool in pan 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool.
Prepare two bowls for toppings: one with melted butter, one with Strawberry-Vanilla Sugar. Dip warm muffin tops in melted butter then in Strawberry-Vanilla Sugar. Serve warm.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!