Stuffed Poblano Peppers Recipe
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 pound Mexican style chorizo
Preheat oven to 350.
Wash and dry the peppers and cut them in half lengthwise. Discard the stems and seeds and scrape out the veins. Lay pepper halves in a large baking dish.
Squeeze the chorizo out of its casing into a medium bowl. Add rice, cilantro, onion, garlic, fajita seasoning, and 1/2 cup cheese and thoroughly mix (optional: use 1/2 cup goat cheese instead of cheddar). Spoon stuffing into each pepper half, being sure to pack it down.
Bake peppers for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top peppers with the remaining 1 cup grated cheese. Return to oven and back 15 minutes more, until stuffing is cooked through and cheese is melted into it.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!