Swedish Pound Cake Recipe
Submitted By:from Geneva.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups sifted cake flour (not self-rising; sift before measuring)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 7 large eggs at room temperature for 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Serves / Yields
Grease and flour pan. DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN. Sift flour and salt 3 times. Cream butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time. Add extracts and cardamom. Add half of flour. Mix well. Add all of cream. Mix well. Add rest of flour. Scrape down sides of bowl. Mix on high for 5 minutes. Fill pan ¾ full. Tap pan on counter 2 or 3 times. Turn oven to 350. Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes.
Special equipment: a 10-inch tube pan (4 1/2 inches deep; not with a removable bottom) or a 10-inch bundt pan (3 1/4 inches deep; 3-qt capacity)
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!