Sweet and Spicy Mexican Seasoning Recipe
Submitted By:from Gaithersburg.
Sweet and Spicy Mexican Seasoning Notes
We use this all the time! We love it so much it's our favorite taco, burrito, or nacho seasoning. I can't keep it mixed up!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 tablespoons (or 1/2 of a fresh onion) dried onion
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-2 pounds ground beef
Serves / Yields
- Mix spices together.
- Brown ground beef, add 2-4 T spices & sugar while browning. If using fresh onion, cook it with the browning meat.
- Drain meat if needed (don't worry about losing the spices, the meat already soaked them in).
- Add tomato paste & simmer for 5 or so more minutes.
- For added flavor add fresh tomatoes, corn, beans or any veggies you like.
- Serve as tacos, taco salad, roll into burritos, top chips for nachos, use straight as dip...use your imagination!
- Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc as you like.
Canned or frozen corn adds an additional sweetness. Mixing it with refried beans makes a nice dip or burrito filling.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!