Szechwan Ratatouille Recipe
Submitted By:from .
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups zucchini , sliced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups eggplant, cubed
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (Chinese cooking wine)
- 2 tablespoons bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup Chinese chili sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 pound Chinese noodles, cooked
Heat oil and sesame oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic and sauté over medium heat 5 minutes.
Add zucchini, mushrooms and eggplant and sauté 8 to 10 minutes until to soften.
Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue cooking, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Serve over Chinese noodles.
Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.