Taco Soup Recipe
Submitted By:from Scottsdale, AZ, or Downers Grove, IL.
Taco Soup Notes
This is a recipe I received from a friend. I fixed it for another friend and she and her husband loved it so much they said it was an 11 on a scale of 1-10.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 16 ounce can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 16 ounce can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 16 ounce can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 ounce (about 1/4 cup) taco seasoning
- for garnish, cheddar cheese, grated
- for garnish tortilla chips, crumbled
- for garnish, sour cream
Serves / Yields
Easily enough for 4-6 servings.
Saute ground beef and chopped onions until beef is browned. Add the next 5 ingredients ending with the taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes, 1 hour if you are making larger amounts. Stir occasionally.
Serve with grated cheddar cheese and crumbled tortilla chips. Add a little sour cream on top, as desired.
This recipe may easily be doubled, tripled, or more. It freezes well. I can't think of an easier soup that I have made that is more delicious.