The Mexican in Me Chili Recipe
Submitted By:from Milwaukee.
The Mexican in Me Chili Notes
Tied for 2nd place in 3rd Annual Milwaukee Employee Chili Cook Off 2014
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 7-oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 lbs ground chorizo
- 3 large onions chopped
- 3 T finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespooons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (12 oz) lemon lime soda
- ½ cup water
- 1 can (1 lb 13 0z) pinto beans
Serves / Yields
Blend chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in food processor until well blended. In a pan, brown the chorizo and onions together until the onions soften, then add to large pot with garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne and coriander. Stir in tomatoes and chipotle mixture, broth, soda, water, and beans. Heat to boiling stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, uncovered for 1 hour.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!