Those Onions! Recipe
- 3 tablespoons (45mL) vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons (45mL) unsalted butter (or use all oil)
- 4 pounds (1.8kg) onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 ounce (45g) Glace de Canard Gold® + ½ c. (125 mL) hot water
- 3 tablespoons (45mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- to taste salt and pepper
Serves / Yields
Makes 1 Quart
Heat oil and butter in a large casserole over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and cook until golden brown, stirring often. Add the diluted Glace de Canard Gold®, vinegar, and thyme to onions, bring to a boil, and cook until liquid coats the onions, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to glass jars and refrigerate.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!