Tomato Herb Vinaigrette Recipe
Submitted By:from West Allis.
Tomato Herb Vinaigrette Notes
This recipe was developed because my family really likes Italian dressing and French dressing. I was tired of buying bottled dressings with additives and preservatives that I can't even pronounce. I, through many tries and taste testings, came up with one that everybody Loves!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar - unseasoned rice vinegar for a mild flavor or apple cider vinegar for a stronger flavor
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon California dried basil
- 1 teaspoon tomato powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried onions
- 1/2 teaspoon regular mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked dustless black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Mexican Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Mediterranean Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
Serves / Yields
1 2/3 Cups
In a Jar or carafe with tight fitting lid add water, sugar and vinegar. Shake well till sugar is dissolved.
Place all herbs and Spices in a Mortar and Pestle and grind until a medium powder. Add to jar and shake well. Add oil and shake until emulsified. Chill for at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
Serve on any fresh green salad, pasta salads, or use as a marinade for chicken.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!