Walnut Orange Chutney Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, diced
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped, or nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 3 oranges, peeled, sliced, quartered
- 2 tablespoons strong honey
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
Serves / Yields
about 2 cup
- In a medium saucepan combine orange juice, peel, apricots, ginger, mace, brown sugar and salt. Bring to a simmer.2. Simmer until a small amount of thick liquid is left and the apricots are soft. Remove from heat.
- Gently add the peeled and quartered oranges, honey and walnuts.
- Set aside to cool. As chutney cools stir every so often to incorporate in the juice that is left by the oranges.
- Serve chilled, to accompany grilled or roasted meat. Keep covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!