Thanksgiving Spices - Information and Spice Variations
Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday here at The Spice House, since it focuses on food and cooking. As soon as the crisp air of fall signals the end of the harvest season, we notice a big increase in the number of people in our stores getting ready for a big holiday meal, full of delicious food, family and friends, and of course spices. Using freshly ground, hand-blended, premium quality spices makes a huge difference in the taste of finished dishes - why go to the trouble of cooking an elaborate meal if you're not getting the best results possible?
While every spice we carry can find a place on the diverse holiday tables of America, there are certain standby flavors that are classics in a Thanksgiving dinner.
If you're not sure what to make this year, check out some classic and popular Thanksgiving recipes.
For those visiting someone else's house for the holidays, a spice gift box makes the perfect hostess gift. Some of our favorites for Thanksgiving are the Baker's Gift Box, the Coffee and Beverage Box, the Fall Harvest Gift Box, and the Premium Spiced Sugars Gift Box.
Happy cooking and Happy Holidays from The Spice House!
- Apple Pie Spice
- Arrowroot Powder
- Turkey and Poultry Brining Blend
- Cinnamon, Whole Stick Indonesian Korintje Cassia
- Vietnamese "Saigon" Cassia Cinnamon, Whole, Cracked or Ground
- Cloves, Whole or Ground
- Glace De Volaille Gold
- China "Number One" Ginger, Whole Root Or Powder
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Maple Sugar
- Mulling Spices for Apple Cider and Wine
- Nutmeg, Whole Or Ground
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Sage, Broken Leaf or Rubbed Powder
- Mediterranean Thyme, Broken Leaf or Ground
- Turkey Seasoning Favorites
- Back of the Yards Garlic Pepper Butcher's Rub
- Bavarian Seasoning
- Bicentennial Seasoning
- Bronzeville "Galena Street" Rib Rub
- Cajun Seasonings, Regular Spicy, Extra Hot, Or Salt Free
- California Seasoned Pepper Blend
- Caribbean Calypso Seasoning
- Florida Seasoned Pepper
- King Creole Seasoning
- Old World Central Street Seasoning, Regular or Salt-Free
- Pepper-Orange Seasoning
- Poultry Stuffing Seasoning