This recipe for apple pie overnight oatmeal is extremely versatile, and can be made with any type of pie filling or other toppings. These portions are for one serving in a 12oz mason jar, but double the recipe as many times as you would like to have breakfast set for multiple days!
1. Coat diced apples in lemon juice and mix thoroughly, set aside.
2. Mix water, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and Apple Pie Spice in small saucepan on stove at medium-high heat. Mix constantly until it begins to bubble and thicken.
3. Add apples and stir, then cover and allow to soften for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool, keeping the lid on so the apples finish softening.
4. In any type of jar with a airtight lid, put in oats and top with milk, just enough to completely cover the oats. Add salt, chia seeds for extra protein if you wish, and scoop in apple pie filling to the top. If you wanted to add other toppings, like nuts, leave room at the top and add those as well. Secure lid and shake vigorously.
5. Leave sit overnight and in the morning you will have ready-to-eat delicious oatmeal! Add salt or sweetener to taste. Enjoy cold, or pour into microwave-safe bowl and heat.
The recipe for these apple overnight oats works with any size container. Just use a 1-1 ratio of oats and milk, filling about half the container, and increase the amount of topping you make.
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with The Spice House community? We are currently gathering recipes to include in our collection and we would love to share yours online.Submit Yours