Basic Beef Marinade
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons (or 2 teaspoons dried) parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh (or 2 teaspoons dried) herbs (the combination of rosemary, thyme and tarragon work well)
- to taste - coarsely ground black pepper
Combine the vinegar, red wine, soy sauce, and worcestershire in a nonreactive mixing bowl. Whisk in the olive oil a little at a time. Add the pepper, parsley, and herbs.
It is fun to vary this recipe with different herbs from your garden when they are in season.
This recipe was provided by Bob P
from West Allis