A clasic recipe that is simple and universally liked. The recipe can be adjusted to each cook's individual tastes.
Serves 2 as a sidedish.
1. Clean and slice mushrooms discarding the ends of the stems.
2. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
3. Sauté mushrooms until tender.
4. Mix flour into milk and sherry to dissolve. Add soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper to flour mixture.
5. Add flour mixture to mushrooms and stir until thickened. (If not thick enough, I add arrowroot starch.)
Serve as side dish with meat dish of choice, or use as a mushroom sauce or topping to meat by adjusting the thickness accordingly.
To re-heat leftovers, heat over low heat. Then, add a little milk at a time to saucepan until desired thickness is reached.
This recipe was provided by Calvin P from Dekalb