Chef Clay’s Homemade BBQ Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Spice House friend, Chef Clay Erickson.
- 1 teaspoon Saigon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Black Pepper, Extra Coarse
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard Powder
- 1 teaspoon Medium Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Onion
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian Sweet Paprika
- 3 tablespoons Smoke House Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cups Molasses
- 3 cups Brown Sugar
- 4 cups Ketchup
- 60oz Tomato Sauce
1. Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and mix together until smooth.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and allow cooling. The sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.
4. Store in an airtight container or glass jar in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.