I developed this with what I had on hand in the kitchen. When ever I make it, people not only scarf down the steaks, but make me write down the recipe. Its sweet, spicy, and does not overpower the steaks.
1. Mix all ingredients except the steaks.
2. Add the steaks to the marinade and let soak for 1/2 to 2 hours.
3. Grill the steaks, brushing on marinade through the cooking process.
1. The soy sauce is mostly salt. Salt makes meat taste more like meat.
2. The honey and ketchup add sweetness and body.
3. The chipotle chili powder gives it really warm smokey flavor. It does not make it too spicy - if you like a lot of heat, add a dash of cayenne pepper. Regular chili powder is just not the same as chipotle.
4. I prefer my steak on the medium rare side. This marinade really gives it a fantasitc flavor, but if you really want to 'kick it up a notch',
5. Serve a little feta cheese on the side to be eaten with the steak. If you haven't tried it, you must: This steak with a crumb of feta on top is possibly the best thing to ever cross your tongue....
This recipe was provided by Brian D from Swansboro