1. Preheat oven to 275°
2. Place an 11x9x3 Disposable Aluminum Pan on a cookie sheet for support
3. Sprinkle the Barley on the bottom of the pan
4. Place the Whole Cloves into a tea ball and place on the bottom of the pan
5. Place the Lamb Shanks into the pan
6. Evenly sprinkle the Sliced Mushrooms and Leek Ringlets on top of the Lamb Shanks
7. Evenly dollop the Crushed Garlic on top of the Lamb Shanks
8. Pour in the Vegetable Stock and Irish Whiskey into the pan
9. Grind the Rosemary, Summer Savory, and Parsley into powder using a mortar and pestle, mix in the ground White Pepper and then sprinkle this evenly over the Lamb Shanks
10. Tightly seal the pan with Aluminum foil and place in the oven for eight (8) hours
11. Prior to the eight hour mark, peel and boil the Yukon Gold Potatoes, drain, and mash/mix with butter, ½ & ½, and Bridgeport Seasoning.
12. When the Lamb Shanks have cooked, remove from oven and then increase the oven temperature to 375°. Extract the tea ball, bones, and any cartilage or large pieces of connective tissues (You’ll know it when you see it…) and stir the stew to evenly mix everything together.
13. Fill a standard 9x13 glass baking dish half full with the stew mixture, then, using a cake decorating frosting funnel even cover the stew with the potatoes.
14. Place the baking dish into the oven and cook for 20 minutes
15. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 20 minutes to set up and then enjoy!
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with The Spice House community? We are currently gathering recipes to include in our collection and we would love to share yours online.Submit Yours