This recipe was created for the 2nd Annual Milwaukee Spice House Chili Cook-off.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced (about 4 cups), divided
- 5 garlic cloves, diced, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds groun chuck
- 1 pound button mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Milwaukee Avenue Steak Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 ounce coarsely pulverized dried Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 12 ounce bottles Guinness beer
- 56 ounces unsalted tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chili Con Carne Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Aleppo chile flakes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, strained
about 1 gallon
Heat butter and oil in large pot on medium heat. Add one onion (about 2 cups) and 3 diced garlic cloves and saute until soft. In a separate frying pan, cook beef until browned. Drain fat and add beef to the large pot along with the remaining ingredients except the black beans. Simmer uncovered for at least one hour. Add beans before serving.
Garnish with sour cream, minced green onions, grated cheddar cheese, minced red pepper.
This recipe was provided by David L