This is from a book called "Food Doctor" that we found at our local library's annual used book sale. We like to put a dollop of soft fresh cheese or grate some cheddar into the center of our soup bowls befor ladeling in the hot soup. Like most soups the variations are endless.
1. Dice celery& onion. Peel & dice potatoes & carrots. Dice tomatoes, remove seeds.
2. Simmer 1 1/2 C. veggie stock with onions for a few min.
3. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, curry, turmeric, cayenne, & ginger into about 2 T. of veggie stock. Mix well.
4. Add to simmering stock and onions.
5. Pour the rest of the veggie stock into the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
6. Add potatoes,tomatoes, celery & carrots. Simmer till carrots are tender.
7 Pour in chickpeas, saffron & lemon juice, bring back to a simmer. Enjoy
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with The Spice House community? We are currently gathering recipes to include in our collection and we would love to share yours online.Submit Yours