My husband is from Kashmir, a beautiful valley in the western Himalayas. Kashmir is famous for high quality saffron, red peppers, apples, almonds, walnuts, woolens, and its scenic beauty. This recipe combines the favorite flavors of Kashmir in a moist cake.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 inch cake pan.
2) Sift the 1 Cup flour with 1 tsp. baking soda.
3) Beat eggs with sugar and ghee (or butter) thoroughly.
4) Fold flour mixture into egg mixture until just combined. Fold in carrots, nuts, and raisins gently. Batter will be stiff.
5) Bake in preheated oven 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with The Spice House community? We are currently gathering recipes to include in our collection and we would love to share yours online.Submit Yours