I created this on my own after a friend's ginger brownies. I'd also tasted cayene brownies. Both were interesting but not 'it' for me. So I openned my spice cabinet and began to play. I like strongly flavored foods but the original mix was a little bitter but the addition of the caramel adds the perfect sweetness to counteract that. Last year for Christmas I made up jars of the spice mix and gave them away with the recipe as presents. Getting baked goods at Christmas is nice; an easy way to have more later is even better. My family & friends love the brownies and love that they can make thier own any time now :)
1. Using your favorite brownie recipe (everyone has their preference chewy or cake-like) make brownies according to directions; add spices into the dry ingredients and stir before adding wet ingredients.*
2. Pour into greased pan.
3. Drizzle lightly with caramel.
4. Gently pull a knife through the mix to swirl the caramel.
5. Bake as directed by your brownie recipe.
* The above amount is good for mildly spiced (by my standards :) 8x8 pan of brownies. Use 1.5-2xs more for stronger brownies or a larger recipe.
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with The Spice House community? We are currently gathering recipes to include in our collection and we would love to share yours online.Submit Yours