Mike's Dark Side Chili
This one comes from Mike, our Spice House manager at the Milwaukee Public Market
Add a Porter or Stout beer to the mix for some extra darkness.
- * Ebony cocoa is a heavily dutched cocoa and so dark it is almost black. If you can't find it, our dutched cocoa can be substituted.
- 1 TBS Ebony Cocoa Powder*
- 2 TBS dark molasses
- 1 tsp Hungarian paprika, sweet
- 1 tsp ground cumin seed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 TBS black hawaiian sea salt
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 TBS black garlic puree
- 5 TBS Regular Chili Powder
- 2 - 4oz cans La Victoria roasted green chilies
- 3 - 15oz cans black beans
- 2 - 28 oz cans Red Gold diced tomatoes
- 2-3 Pounds Black Angus Beef, ground
Roughly 10 lb
Brown the beef, drain the grease,
Sweat onions in pot.
Add everything else, simmer at least an hour