1. Combine the flour, baking soda, both gingers, cinnamon, salt, pepper and allspice in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Cream butter in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in brown sugar until well blended; beat in egg and molasses until thoroughly combined. Gradually add the reserved flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
4. Chill 1 hour. (Dough will be sticky.)
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Shape dough into balls 1 1/2 inches in diameter (a Good Grips medium cookie scoop saves time). Dip tops in raw sugar. Place cookies, sugared side up, about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
7. Bake until cookies are firm to the touch and the edges are beginning to brown, 16-18 minutes. Let stand 1 minute; transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with The Spice House community? We are currently gathering recipes to include in our collection and we would love to share yours online.Submit Yours