1. Pour the water into a 1 quart pot with a lid. Add the rye flakes or oatmeal and apple pie spice. Bring to a boil, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
2. After it looks like the water is soaked in, add the egg beaters and mix.
3. Pour the mixture into a heated frying pan, with the olive oil, on medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Place in a preheated oven at about 350 degrees and cook until brown (about 5 minutes).
5. Remove from the oven, place on plate, add applesauce and fruit and eat!
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with The Spice House community? We are currently gathering recipes to include in our collection and we would love to share yours online.Submit Yours