This is a very simple recipe to make and requires not much more effort than what usually goes into making a salmon filet. The result is amazing!
2-4 servings - Depends how hungry you are!
1. Preheat Oven to 350°
2. Using a shotglass, mix the ¼ t. Dry Mustard with ¼ t cool water to make a paste and set aside
3. Mix the Goat Cheese, Herbes de Provence and Capers together
4. Make an incision down the lengthwise side of the salmon filet
5. Lift the top part, spread the goat cheese mixture inside and fold the top part of the filet back over
6. Mix the mustard paste and black pepper into the mayonnaise and brush the top and sides of the salmon filet
7. Sprinkle the lemon zest on the top of the filet (if using dried zest, soften in warm water for 5 minutes prior to use).
8. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes
Make sure the knife used to cut open the filet is razor sharp. Attempting to saw through a raw salmon filet with a dull knife will only tear it apart!
This recipe was provided by Michael M from Rochester Hills