Salt Free Southwest Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 cup Pasilla chiles, powdered
- 1/4 cup chili powder (mild, medium, or hot)
- 2 Tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Chipotle chile powder
- 2 Tablespoons smoked Spanish paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup ground coriander
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic powder
- 4 Tablespoons granulated onion powder
- 1/4 cup oregano
- 1/2 cup cumin powder, toasted
- 1 Tablespoon Adobo Seasoning, optional
About 2 cups seasoning
Combine and use in anything you would normally use chili powder in. Add salt to taste. Good in chili, burritos, taco fillings, beans, sauces, etc. Also good on fish, chicken and meat dishes.
Works great to make a double batch and freeze what you won't use for a while.
You can adjust the heat level by adding, or subtracting, the amounts of cayenne, hot paprika, and black pepper you use.
This recipe was provided by Helen S
from Sun City