First make the fresh pasta dough...
1. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle.
2. Add the Little Italy Seasoning.
3. Crack the two eggs into the well in bowl of flour.
4. Gently knead the eggs into the flour. If the dough is too flaky, add a little warm tap water to the mixture. Continue kneading, in an electric mixer, for 20-30 minutes. The dough should be springy, shiny and should hold together when it is ready.
5. Divide the dough into four discs.
Next make the filling...
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the butternut squash in half. Scoop out the seeds, rub a little butter over the flesh and sprinkle 1 T of Milwaukee Avenue over each half.
3. Roast the squash cut side up for 30-45 minutes, or until the flesh is cooked through.
4. When cool, scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl.
5. Add the shrimp and the other 1 T Milwaukee Avenue and mix thoroughly.
Assemble the ravioli...
1. Roll out each disc into a rough rectangle. Place one down on a board and put 9 spoonfulls of filling about 1" apart.
2. Trace some water around each of piles on the dough.
3. Place another piece of dough over the bottom. Softly press the two pieces together to create the raviolies, being sure to compress the dough around the filling. Press to seal the raviolies. Cut each one out.
4. Set a large pot of salted water over a high flame. When boiling, begin to add the ravioli. Boil for 8-10 minutes. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon.
5. When all the ravioli have been par-boiled, they are ready to saute or simmer.
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with The Spice House community? We are currently gathering recipes to include in our collection and we would love to share yours online.Submit Yours