I found this recipe in a cooking magazine years ago. The version I have presented here is a slight modification of the original recipe.
1. In mixing bowl, put flour, bran flakes, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices.
2. Fluff together with a fork to thoroughly distribute baking powder. Push mixture up the sides of the bowl to make a well in the center.
3. In medium bowl, beat egg (or egg substitute) and milk. Stir in fruit puree and apple.
4. Add egg mixture to the well in the flour mixture and stir quickly to moisten (batter will be lumpy). Do not over mix.
5. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans.
6. Bake in 350 degree oven for 12–15 minutes.
The cocoa powder is optional, and can be added in with the dry ingredients.
This recipe was provided by Barry K from Winnipeg