What to do when the holidays leave you with a pound of leftover turkey? Why make Tetrazzini, of course! A hearty meal for a cold day everyone can enjoy!
1. Pre-Heat the oven to 350°F
2. Start by boiling the water and cooking the Spaghetti
3. Boil the 2 Cups Water and mix the 1 Tablespoon of Bouillon
4. Mix the Milk and Anchovy Paste together
5. Beat the egg and mix the ½ & ½ with the egg
6. Heat a heavy skillet (cast iron preferred). Melt 3 Tablespoons butter and begin to sauté the mushrooms. Add the shallots once the mushrooms begin to brown. Once the shallots begin to turn translucent, add the Sauterne and continue to sauté.
7. Heat a 4 quart pot over High heat and melt 4 Tablespoons butter and then add the spices and flour. Stir rapidly with a fork until lightly browned
8. Pour in the chicken broth and the Anchovy Paste/Milk to the pot. Continue to rapidly stir until the liquid begins to thicken slightly
9. Add the ½ & ½ / egg mixture. Continue to stir rapidly as the sauce will rapidly thicken and burn without care
10. Add the poultry, spaghetti, black pepper, mushrooms, shallots, and parsley to the pot. Mix and heat evenly
11. Pour mixture into an ungreased 9x13 glass baking dish and sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese on top
12. Bake for 20 minutes
13. Remove and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving
I highly recommend the "Better than Bouillon" mix for making the chicken broth.
I usually use "Mini-Bella" Mushrooms for this recipe
This recipe was provided by Michael M from Rochester Hills