The Best Barbecue Sauce
This recipe comes to us courtesy of the "Spice of Life Cookbook" by Treva Davis (no longer in print).
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 ounces no salt tomato sauce
- 1 cup no salt catsup
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sweet vermouth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons chili powder, no salt added
- 1 tablespoon dried parsely
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated green and red bell peppers
Makes 9 Cups
Grind dehydrated green and red bell peppers in a blender until finely ground.
Add canola oil to a 5 quart Dutch oven and saute onion unti limp. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low 20-30 minutes until onion is tender and sauce has thickened.
Store in jars in the refrigerator, freeze or can.
This recipe was provided by Treva D