1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Keep warm.
2. Blanch spinach or water cress in salted boiling water for 30 sec or so and drain. Squeeze/strain greens for less water in sauce. (Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to boiling water to neutralize even more acidity of greens - optional)
3. Drain canned or jarred mushrooms, or cook fresh mushrooms just till juice is rendered. (Juice will turn sauce dark, so drain it if wished.)
4. Heat sauce in 2 quarts sauce pan, add pasta to warm up, add greens and mushrooms and warm up. Add salt, grind of pepper, dash of fresh nutmeg. (Not too much!)
5. Garnish with grated parmesan or grated (real) gruyère or emmental, parsley and serve .
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with The Spice House community? We are currently gathering recipes to include in our collection and we would love to share yours online.Submit Yours