1. Boil the 6 quartered potatoes in salted water until cooked through.
2. Using a food processer or hand-masher, mash the potatoes until relatively smooth.
3. Mix the wasabi with 2 Tablespoons tap water.
4. Blend the wasabi paste into the mashed potatoes.
5. Shred the 7th potato and toss in the lemon juice.
6. Using cold mashed wasabi potatoes, spoon out about a ball about the size of 2 tablespoons and form it into a rough barrel shape.
7. Take about 1 Tablespoon of shredded potatoes and press around the wasabi tot.
8. Continue on until all the mashed potatoes are gone.
9. Heat the vegetable oil in a saute pan. When hot, carefully add 8-10 tots. Brown on all sides. Continue on with the rest of the tots. Once all the tots have been browned, place briefly on a paper towel. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with The Spice House community? We are currently gathering recipes to include in our collection and we would love to share yours online.Submit Yours