Chicken With Lemon Curry Sauce Recipe
Submitted By:from Dousman.
Chicken With Lemon Curry Sauce Notes
This recipe comes to us courtesy of the "Spice of Life Cookbook" by Treva Davis (no longer in print).
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skinned and trimmed of fat (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon sweet curry powder (no salt added)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
Serves / Yields
Makes four servings
Combine all ingredients, except chicken and honey, in a medium skillet. Mix thoroughly.
Place chicken in the pan and turn several times to coat. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
Turn on heat and simmer for 25 minutes, turning chicken every 10 minutes. Add honey, stir and cook for 10 minutes more.
This dish is excellent served with rice since there will be a little extra sauce to spoon over the chicken and to flavor the rice nicely.