Rosemary Needles, Whole, Cracked Or Ground
Our Rosemary Needles are grown in the Mediterranean, and available in three forms. You can purchase them in whole needles, cracked needles, or ground. We put the whole rosemary through a grinder to reduce the size to about 1/4 inch pieces. This makes them much more palatable for those who do not like the Christmas tree-like needle texture of the whole rosemary needles. The ground form is very useful for sauces.
"There's rosemary, that's for remembrance; pray you, love, remember!" Ophelia lamented in Hamlet. Rosemary has a history of being associated with remembrance. Greek students in ancient times would wear rosemary wreaths during exams. Bridesmaids would present the bridegroom with a ribboned bunch of rosemary on the morning of his wedding so he would remember to be faithful.
French, Spanish and Italian cultures use rosemary in abundance in their cooking. It has also gained a place in American cooking, primarily for lamb and chicken. Rosemary blends well in tomato sauces, soups or stews, or foccacia bread.
We also offer Organic Rosemary Needles.
Cracked Needles, in a glass jar
Cracked Needles, in a resealable bag
Ground, in a glass shaker jar
Ground, in a resealable bag
Whole, in a glass shaker jar
Whole, in a resealable bag
Recipes with this Spice
- Dorothy's Stefado (Greek Beef Stew)
- Grilled Tuscan Chicken with Rosemary & Lemon
- Louisiana Style BBQ Shrimp
- Mad Annie's Turkey Basting Stuff
- Peppercorn Rosemary Sauce
- Port-braised Short Ribs with Ginger and Star Anise
- Roasted New Potatoes with Herbs, Garlic and Balsamic Vinegar
- Spaghetti alla Monique
- Uncle Bill's Head Sweatin' Chili
- Weekend Turkey Soup Stock