Stores - Milwaukee
The original Spice House was located on 33rd and Galena Street in Milwaukee. Bill and Ruth moved it to historic Old World Third Street in the seventies just as the city and neighborhood began its resurrection. With its old European charm, Third Street is anchored by Usinger’s Famous Sausage Company and Mader's German Restaurant.
Our exciting news is that we were able to purchase the building that has housed our shop here since 1992. Long time customers may remember our various migrations on the street. Consequently, it’s a relief to have a permanent home. An historical building, the Adam Bauer building was built in 1858 and housed a "konditorei," or German bakery and sweet shop. The original owners lived upstairs. After extensive renovations, we were able to install our very own demonstration kitchen above the shop. We are thrilled to be part of the evolution of downtown Milwaukee. The future looks wonderful!
The Milwaukee store is certified by the Kosher Supervisors of Wisconsin. For more information, see our kosher spices page.