Ashley's bean soup Recipe
Submitted By:from milwaukee.
Ashley's bean soup Notes
This recipe came from Ashley, my daughter's childhood friend. My daughter, who is all of 21, can even make this to perfection.
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 49 ounces chicken broth (6-7 teaspoon soup base to 6 cups water, will make about 49 oz)
- 48 ounce can white northern beans
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/2 head chicory (endive)
Serves / Yields
aprox. 12 cups
Saute garlic and onion in oil. Put in a large pot and add herbs, chicken broth, beans and tomatoes. Simmer for at least 1/2 hour. Add cleaned chicory. Cook until wilted. Serve immediately.
I use the chicken soup base from the Spice House. A good crusty bread or garlic bread goes well as a meal. I have sprinkled fresh grated parmesan cheese on top before serving also.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!