Beef Skewers with Cooling Salad Recipe
Submitted By:from Chicago.
Beef Skewers with Cooling Salad Notes
This is rather like a fusion of Nepalese beef jerky and satay rolled into one. It's great for the barbecue. It can be prepared in advance, and it takes no time on the grill.
- 1 1/2 pounds Flank Steak, cut across the grain into 1/4" wide strips
- 1/2" Fresh Ginger, chopped fine or ground into paste
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Bamboo Skewers soaked for about 5 minutes before use
- For the Salad:
- 2 Cucumbers, coarsely diced
- 2 Beefsteak Tomatoes, coarsely diced
- 1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
Serves / Yields
Mix the ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, turmeric, and salt into a thick paste. Rub thoroughly onto the flank steak strips. Set aside in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Mix rice wine vinegar with sugar. Pour over cucumbers and tomatoes and toss well. Set aside in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Thread the flank steak strips onto the skewers. When the grill (or broiler) is hot, grill or broil on each side for 2-4 minutes deciding on desired doneness.
You might want to wear gloves when rubbing the spice paste onto the beef, unless you want the turmeric to stain your fingernails.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!