Berbere - Ethiopian spice blend Recipe
Submitted By:from Des Moines.
Berbere - Ethiopian spice blend Notes
The non-specific amounts in this recipe are because each Ethiopian cook has her own variation of this basic spice blend. Feel free to vary amounts to your own taste.
- about 1 cup half-sharp paprika
- about 1 cup full-sharp paprika
- about 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- about 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- about 1/2 cup garam masala
- about 1 teaspoon ground anise seed
- about 1 tablespoon hot or maharajah curry powder
- about 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- about 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- about 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- about 1 tablespoon onion powder
- to taste garlic powder
- to taste salt
Serves / Yields
depends on amount you care to make
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in a tightly covered glass jar, preferably in the refrigerator.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!