Chai (Indian Spiced Tea) Recipe
Submitted By:from Glendale.
Chai (Indian Spiced Tea) Notes
This recipe was given to me from a lady at church. Most coffee houses offer Chai that's loaded with sugar. This has a great flavor with little sugar. Play with the spices to suit your needs. This is what I've found to taste the best!
- 4 teabags black Indian tea (or 2 heaping tablespoons loose tea)
- 2 teaspoons turbinato sugar (sugar in the raw)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4-5 coin-sized slices fresh ginger root (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2-3 whole cloves
- 6 whole green cardamom pods, broken open
- dash cinnamon
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
Serves / Yields
Combine tea and spices with water. Bring mixture to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Add milk and return to a boil. Strain and enjoy.
The Spice House sells muslin bags for holding spices during cooking. It keeps the straining to a minimum. I recommend using them!
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!