Cheesy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 Cauliflower head (4 cups chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon chicken demiglace (jus de poulet le gold)
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 Tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Cup soy milk
- 6 ounces low-fat velveeta
Serves / Yields
- Saute the oil in a medium saucepan until warm.
- Saute the garlic, onions, caulflower, cumin, adobo, and paprika for 4-5 minutes, or until the cauliflower begins to brown.
- Add 4 cups of water and simmer until reduced by 1/2.
- Let cauliflower cool slightly, then puree in a food processor.
- Return to saucepan and turn to medium heat.
- Add 1 C of soy milk, 4 C water, and the velveeta. Simmer until reduced by half. Do not allow it to boil.
- Serve with garbanzo beans and chopped red onion for garnish.