Chicken and Grape Pasta Salad Recipe
Submitted By:from Chicago.
Chicken and Grape Pasta Salad Notes
My mother passed this recipe on to me. It's a cold salad that's perfect for summer gatherings. It's also an excellent use of leftover chicken and turkey.
- 2 cups macaroni, or other pasta, cooked
- 1-2 cups chicken or turkey, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup grapes, washed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, or nuts of your choice
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, for garnish
Serves / Yields
Cook pasta, and chicken (or turkey). Cool and chill. Mix salad dressing and Cool Whip. Toss the pasta, chicken, grapes, nuts, celery and onion together in a large bowl. Add the salad dressing and Cool Whip mixture. Toss to coat the salad evenly. Sprinkle the top with paprika. Refrigerate until serving time.
You can adjust the amount of Miracle Whip and Cool Whip using equal amounts of both. Fat-free and low-fat versions of both are available to bring down the fat and calorie content.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!