Chicken Vesuvio Recipe
Chicken Vesuvio Notes
This is a hearty chicken and potatoes recipe, with an extra kick from The Spice House's versatile Chicago Deep Dish Pizza seasoning.
Adapted from Bon Appetit on eat.epicurious.com.
- 1 (4-5 pound) chicken, quartered, backbone removed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large russet potatoes (about 14 ounces), peeled and cut into 6 pieces each
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Chicago Deep Dish Pizza seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, or canned broth
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Serves / Yields
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and oregano. Set aside. Heat oil in a large ovenproof pot on high heat. Add potatoes and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer potatoes to bowl.
Add chicken to same pot and saute until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, Chicago Deep Dish Pizza seasoning, and saute 2 minutes. Return potatoes to pot and remove from heat. Add stock, and return to medium-high heat and bring to boil.
Cover pot tightly and transfer to oven. Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 30 minutes. Add peas, cover and bake 5 minutes longer. Transfer chicken to platter and arrange potatoes and peas around chicken. Pour sauce, from the pot, over the chicken and garnish with chopped parsley.
For a low-sodium dish, use salt-free chicken broth.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!