Chicken with Sichuan Peppercorns Recipe
Chicken with Sichuan Peppercorns Notes
This recipe was featured in the Milwaukee Spice House's May 2005 email newsletter.
- 1 pound chicken breast meat
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 8 dried Tien Tsin chiles
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- Seasoning A:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon MSG, optional
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- Seasoning B:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar (or other vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
Serves / Yields
Serves 4 - 5
Remove the skin and bone of the chicken breast meat, dice and mix with Seasoning A.
Rinse the sugar snap peas and blanch in boiling water, arrange them flatly on a plate. Cut the dried chilies into 1/3 sections.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan and stir fry the Sichuan peppercorns over low heat, then remove the peppercorns. Stir-fry the dried chilies (be careful not to inhale the fumes), followed by the diced chicken. Lastly, add Seasoning B and the peanuts and stir for a while.
Serve on the plate with the sugar snap peas.