Espresso Steak Rub Recipe
Submitted By:from Sun City.
Espresso Steak Rub Notes
Since I get such wonderful spices from The Spice House, I am always looking for ways to use them up and make new rubs or combos. Here is one that is delicious on steak or lamb.
- 1/2 cup ground sweet ancho chile or california chile powder
- 1/2 cup dark instant espresso powder
- 4 Tablespoons hot smoked Spanish paprika
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon dry yellow mustard powder
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon powdered ginger
Serves / Yields
About 1 1/2 cups
Mix all together and store in a jar.
Keep for use on grilling steaks and other meats. Apply liberally to one side only, put this side down first. You can grill on an open fire or on a griddle indoors. If using 1" steaks, about 4-5 minutes on each side will give you a medium rare steak.
I like to put a dollop of a good herb butter on top of steak when serving, and a good suggestion is to mix a few tablespoons of this rub into about 1/2 stick of butter.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!