Freedom From Tranquility Hot Cocoa Recipe
Submitted By:from Hudson.
Freedom From Tranquility Hot Cocoa Notes
This recipe was inspired by the movie, "Chocolat".
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup minus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon dutched cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon, plus additional to taste good quality chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- generous dash finely ground black pepper
In a heavy duty small saucepan, or saucier, over medium low to medium heat, combine milk, sugar and bittersweet chocolate. Simmer, stirring constantly until almost to a boil. Add cocoa powders, chili powder, cinnamon and pepper. Bring to a rolling boil for one minute. Remove from heat, pour into mug, and top with additional chili powder to taste. Enjoy!